
I have made it a goal with the start of this school year to shed some bad habits. One of which is being late to things.
For the past almost 2 weeks, we have been able to make it to school and work on time or early, every day...I've been feeling so good about that, and my ability to get ready on time, as punctuality has been a lifelong struggle for me.
This morning, it all clicked as to WHY I've been able to do this. I told Richard about these goals not to long ago, and I think he must have thought this one was a REALLY good idea. As I was finishing getting ready this morning, I looked at the clock and it was 7:40am. That's when we try to leave each morning. So I hurridly got everything together, and about 5 minutes later, I was ready to walk out the door. A bit guiltily, I looked at my cell phone clock to see how late we were, and was surprised to see that it was 7:38! What?! Then I figured it out! Richard had set all of the clocks in our house 5-10 minutes later...SNEAKY! He must have really wanted to help me out with this goal of mine.
We've figured out that we can always be "ready" by a certain time, but then there's always those last minute things that we have to do, that we forget to take into account, that always add on those precious minutes. By giving ourselves those few minutes back, hopefully this will help us to keep getting out the door, and being on time for the rest of the school year!
2 comments:
LOL! Thanks awesome.
it is so sweet that richard did that for you! How supportive!
Post a Comment