Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!



For the past couple of years, Richard and I have kind of done cop-out Halloween costumes at the last minute, because we couldn't think of anything original. Our first year, we were the work-out people, and our second year we were a cowboy/cowgirl couple for our ward Halloween party (and then Richard wanted so badly to go to to our other family party as a box, so I let him). Anyway, this year, we started thinking about Halloween costumes a little bit earlier, and although it was still last minute that it all came together, this time we had a plan! This year, we made our debut as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!

Here we are at our ward Halloween party:

Of course we had to get a picture of "cool" Peter Pan (Richard loooves his sunglasses...I have had to beg him to take them off before going to sleep at night)

He wants to be a boy forever!

Tinkerbell


I was pretty darn proud of myself for whipping these costumes up at the last minute. I made these costumes all from XXL t-shirts I got at DI, and I made my wings out of 2 coat hangers and some white tights! I'm the most proud of Richard's outfit, because the most creativity went into it - I made his shorts out of a t-shirt, by tracing some shorts he already had, and his shoe covers were made from felt - they were surprisingly easy! and my favorite is that Richard made his own hat! He saw one of the sleeves that I had cut off of the shirt and instantly saw potential. I was so impressed with the confidence with which he approached my sewing machine, and he just went to town! I'm so proud of him!
We had a fun time this Halloween, we went to a few fun parties, and topped it all off by going to see Inception at the Dollar Theater for the second time...we loved it!

1 comment:

Monique said...

You're costumes turned out SO good!!! Love them!