On Sunday, I made Richard's most favorite cookies ever. Sugar cookies with Almond frosting! ("It's not just any frosting" - Richard) Mmmm! He has been happy ever since :)

Sugar Cookies
(Mom's recipe)
4 c. Flour
1/2 c. Shortening
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
MIX IN SEPARATE BOWL:
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cut together flour, shortening, butter and salt.
2. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture. Refrigerate.
3. Roll 1/4" or thicker on floured board
4. Cut with cookie cutters, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes until cooked, but not brown.
Almond Buttercream Icing
(I modified Wilton's buttercream Icing recipe)
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tb. milk
yield: 1.5 cups
Cream butter and extracts, then gradually add sugar, beating well on medium speed. scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Refrigerate unused icing in an airtight container.
4 c. Flour
1/2 c. Shortening
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
MIX IN SEPARATE BOWL:
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cut together flour, shortening, butter and salt.
2. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture. Refrigerate.
3. Roll 1/4" or thicker on floured board
4. Cut with cookie cutters, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes until cooked, but not brown.
Almond Buttercream Icing
(I modified Wilton's buttercream Icing recipe)
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract
2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tb. milk
yield: 1.5 cups
Cream butter and extracts, then gradually add sugar, beating well on medium speed. scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Refrigerate unused icing in an airtight container.
Here is evidence to prove how good these are:
3 comments:
ahhahahaah i love you guys.. lol and i miss you tons! but i get to see you NEXT WEEK!!!!
Okay, these pictures and comments made me laugh out loud!--No abbreviations here-F-U-N-N-Y is what you kids are. And cute!
I'm glad you have that recipe-it's been my favorite for 19 years! (Since I got it in Marysville I think!)
Thanks for posting! I can't wait to try it out!
Post a Comment