Wednesday, February 24, 2010

L-O-V-E

...That's all that was in the air on February 13-14. (I know this is late!)



We had a WONDERFUL weekend together, starting with the morning of the 13th, when I woke up and there was a rose and a box of chocolates sitting on the table, waiting for me so lovingly! Hazelnut chocolate...Mmmmm! Couldn't have asked for anything better! What a sweetheart husband I have! :)

Richard then told me that I needed to get on warm clothes, because he was taking me somewhere secret...(He eventually caved after all my questioning and told me we were going cross country skiing! haha) I was so excited! It was both of our first time going, so we were a little nervous. We must have had a "newby" vibe, because a couple of older men stopped and offered to give us a few pointers. We were falling all over the trail...up and down and all around... so I can't blame them for wanting to help our sorry souls. We eventually figured it out toward the end, but we had fun from beginning to end. I didn't realize how much of a workout it is to cross-country ski...or maybe I'm just out of shape (but we can just ignore that part)...I am still recovering...

Beautiful view from the trail

Us being happy little skiers!

After we got home and got cleaned up, we headed out to the stake valentine's dance. Richard tried to trick me and tell me we had to go to the dance early, but I wasn't buying that...I know his tricks all to well by now! I wasn't surprised when we "accidentally" took a long route, and ended up at Chili's (our favorite restauraunt ever) for dinner. YUM! A pleasant "surprise."

Then, we went to the Valentine's dance, and ate all kinds of delicious treats dipped in CHOCOLATE... oh my... it was heavenly. OH, and we had fun dancing together too.

On the morning of Valentine's day, I made breakfast for Richard - strawberry and peach crepes with whipped cream! Yumm...
And Richard made dinner - green thai curry, bless his heart. It was really SPICY... in fact, I don't think I have ever attempted to eat anything so spicy in my life. It hurt, and it burned, and I couldn't tell if it was because the food itself was too hot, or if it was the spice that was burning my tongue and stomach...ooh boy.. two tums and a LOT of milk, and it still burned. Good memories anyway though!

We didn't write cards to each other this year, but instead, we sat down and wrote 10 things we love about each other, and then let each other read what we wrote. It was simple, but it meant a lot to me!

It was a perfect Valentine's Weekend.

1 comment:

darcy christensen said...

Hello favorite cousin! Its Chelsy! I was signed in under my moms account looking at Kalee's blog and stumbled upon yours under Cambell and Rebecca's! SOO good to see what has been going on with you guys! Your blog is adorable! We NEED to keep in touch better! :) My email is chelsy.martin@hotmail.com :)