Sunday, June 6, 2010

Update Part 2

End of April/May:

The end of April was busy! After we got back from our camping trip, we immediately started packing and getting ready to move to California for the summer! It was a hectic few days. In the space of four days, we completely packed everything up, babysat Gabe while Rochelle had her second baby boy, Luke (YAY!!!) AND bought me a brand new sewing machine!!!

We were also so grateful that the timing with Rochelle and BJ's baby worked out so well! We had planned on watching Gabriel overnight whenever Rochelle went in to labor, so that BJ could go with her to the hospital and stay with her without worrying about Gabe. We hoped that Luke would come before we left, and that he would come when we were available to help. Things worked out really well - Rochelle started having strong enough contractions to go to the hospital, right as we were going to bed, so all we had to do was just drive over to Rochelle and BJ's for the night and sleep there. We stayed there til the late morning, and then traded off Gabe to BJ's mom for the day. That day, we completely moved out of our apartment, and we know we were blessed with the help of our ward members to get out just in time for our moving out inspection and checkout.
We were so thankful for all the help we had - we never could have done it without the wonderful members of our ward coming over to help us move everything out and clean our house. It took about 4 hours total to get everything done, and we had quite a few people helping. We just kept thinking how much more time it would have taken us if we would have had to do that all by ourselves. We really wouldn't have been able to do it in the time we had. Thank you everyone who helped us!!!!

I mentioned that I got a new sewing machine...its true! I had been wanting one for a few months, and we decided that it would be a really good investment, because I would be able to learn over the summer, and develop that skill. Richard was amazing, and talked the lady at the store down from $399 down to $270... and it was already on sale at $399! I don't know how he did that! He's got skills! I was so proud of him :) The machine I chose is a GREAT one. It is powerful and has great basic features. It is a Husqvarna Viking Emerald 118 (yeah, the same company that makes chainsaws - I had to get a machine that Richard could respect! ;) )
Here are the pictures of me with my new sewing machine, amidst all of our packing mess:




After we got all packed up and moved out, we drove straight to California. We have been here since the last couple days of April, and are LOVING it. Things are going so well for us, we feel very very blessed to be here. Our set up this year is that Richard goes and sells every day, and I stay at home and support him. :) It is working out much better than last year when we were both trying to sell. I love it because I get to do all the housekeeping kinds of things, like groceries and cleaning, and then do whatever else I want to do with the rest of my time. I don't have to stress about going out to sell and Richard doesn't have to stress about my safety and happiness. We have talked a lot about the differences between this year and last year, and there is just a huge contrast between the our attitudes and the outcomes already. I cant say it enough, but this summer is soooooo much better. It is seriously flying by!

No comments: