April:
April was a crazy month for us - we were frantically studying and getting ready for finals, finishing up big semester projects and trying to squeeze in some fun. I am so glad that that month is long gone and I don't have to stress about having tons on my plate for the next few months.
We were able to do a couple fun things with some friends before and after finals hit - the week before finals, we went tandem biking with another couple in our ward, and we had a BLAST. If you haven't ever tried it, I highly recommend it! We rented our bikes at outdoors unlimited for pretty cheap, and rode from there down to the canyon and all the way to the end of the Provo River Trail (which is perfect for bike riding). We had so much fun, and it was great because all I had to do was pedal sometimes, and then Richard did what I would consider the hard part - steering us safely and not getting us killed. So that was nice. :) He is so good at it too! We didn't fall even once (which is really good for me - usually if I bike for long enough, I end up crashing or falling) Good job, honey! Way to keep us safe! Here are some pictures of our adventure!
Then, the day after finals ended, Richard and I went with Max and Rebecca to Zion's National Park...and oh man, that was something else. We realllly want to go back there again sometime next year. It was so breathtaking. Unfortunately, it was raining and cold when we were driving there, but luckily the rain stopped in time for us to set up camp, and cook our food. It was just really cold. Here is us being
But this wasn't even the BEST part. Wait till you see the pictures of the end of the hike... it is crazy. Let me explain. In case you are like I was and have never heard of Angel's Landing, it is known for how dangerous it can be. There are always stories floating around about how people have fallen off, and how they're talking about closing the trail down. I realized why when we toward the end. The main part of the hike is relatively easy, and safe, but when you get to the last half mile, all you see is a narrow ridge (probably about 10-20 feet wide)that connects you to a plateau at the end, which I assume is the "landing." The whole time, you have to hold on to a thick chain that is bolted into the rock, so you don't lose your balance as you traverse various narrow parts of the trail. OK, I know you just want to see pictures, so here they are:
Us on the trail, holding onto the chain for dear life:
Ok, so I may be trying to just rub in the fact that I think we are totally brave and basically invincible for doing this...but I feel so proud of us!
Here is all of us at the top:
And some more pictures:
2 comments:
Good job! I would have been too scared.
I'm proud of us! We deserve to brag...Now on to Yosemite!!
Post a Comment