I haven't posted for awhile (again) because it doesn't seem like anything too out of the ordinary is going on in our lives. We are happy, busy and just doing lots of normal things. Ive been thinking though, maybe I need to start paying more attention to the little, simple things in life, and finding more joy in them.
One simple, yet joyful thing of late was a fun date that Richard and I went on this past Saturday. We have kind of been struggling to find fun and creative things to do in Merced for dates this summer, as it is not the most date-friendly town, so we have had lots of stay-at-home-movie-dates. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but sometimes you just feel like getting out!
So here is what we did: We went rollerblading!!! Neither of us had been rollerblading in years, so we were both a little shaky at first (ok really, I was the shaky one), but Richard quickly remembered his skills. I was so impressed! He was showing me all his cool tricks and going so fast! He even taught me how the cool kids cross over around corners (I was such a cool kid by the end of the night). There was one point where they told everyone to get off the rink except the boys who wanted to go really fast - of course Richard stayed out there and tore the place up! I was so proud of my honey! :) It was exciting to learn something new about him. We really had a blast, and plan on going rollerblading again when we get back to Provo!
After we went rollerblading, we went out for dessert at applebee's and had their cookie sunday...oh my...soooo good! Then, we went to walmart! We actually had fun too! And as if the night could get any better after that, we went home, planned a primary lesson for the class I was substituting for, and topped the evening off with the movie "Paul Blart Mall Cop." Sorry for those of you who liked it, but we realized we had used up our fun and called it quits after that.
I loved getting out of the house and just having some carefree fun with Richard. I can really see the importance of going on dates with your spouse - it totally builds your relationship and reminds you of the reasons you fell in love with each other.
I love you honey! Thanks for the fun date!
4 comments:
Hey, I didn't know you were in Merced! We spent a summer there too. we lived right by the Walmart. Oh, that brings back memories. we were newlyweds and didn't have kids yet. Yeah, I spent a lot of time at the pool working on my tan!
haha that sounds so fun! i remember when Collin and Tayler used to Roller skate down out hills! good times:P
Pattersons! I hope you are doing fabulous!! just wanted to let you know that we are going private sooo if you want to follow just leave your email :)
Post a Comment