So, with that very long introduction...let me tell you a little about our anniversary celebration!
I woke up the morning of our anniversary in a panic, because the night before, I had realized that Richard had been talking about going skydiving on our anniversary, and had been wanting to do that for the past couple of years... I was pretty worried that he had planned on doing that, and not given me any time to mentally prepare for it. But I should have known better - he wouldn't do that! When I got up and went to the kitchen, this is what I saw:
Here are some pictures of our exciting adventure!
After exploring the pier for awhile, we decided to go to Ripley's Believe it or Not museum...and that was quite the experience! I recommend it to anyone - it definitely not your stereotypical museum with artifacts that are semi interesting...this is a museum of weirdness - I think every single exhibit was weird and out-of-the-ordinary (hence the name) and very interesting.
I felt like I could have spent a lot more time there than we did, but we had to hurry through so that we could get to dinner and then the main attraction: Wicked! Unfortunately, our camera ran out of batteries, so we didn't get any pictures of the Indian restaurant, which was pretty unique... (we had to save the last bit of life in the camera to get a picture at the show).
(I'm so bummed that this is the only picture we got, and it is blurry - our noses look scary!)
We had a wonderful time watching Wicked, and Richard was surprised that he actually enjoyed it too! He had only heard the song "popular" from the soundtrack beforehand, so he was worried that it was going to be some ridiculous ditzy girly play, but he said he was pleasantly surprised. :) I LOVED every second of it...oh my...It was so witty, and the performers did such an amazing job. What a wonderful anniversary date! Thank you honey!
The next day (Sunday) was our actual anniversary, and we had a low-key day. This was my present to Richard (minus the Roses):
(presented in homemade boxes...which I was kind of proud of)
Happy anniversary honey! Thanks for 2 of the most amazing years of my life!
1 comment:
So jealous! I still haven't seen Wicked!
Post a Comment