Friday, May 20, 2011

Catching Up.



It has been way too long since I last wrote a real blog post, and I mean to do better. This past semester has been the busiest and most stressful semester of my college career! I'll just say that it is a real relief to finally be done with school! Because there is so much to catch up on, I think I am just going to make a list of the highlights (in no particular order), and go from there.

- I graduated!!! YAY!!!! It was one of the best days of my life! I didn't really think it was that big of a deal until I was walking with all the other graduates into the Marriott Center, wearing my cap and gown, and it just hit me...I am DONE!!! Thanks to all my family for being there to support me! It really meant a lot to me. A SPECIAL thanks to my parents for driving all the way down from Oregon to be here and hang out with us, and another EXTRA SPECIAL thanks to Richard's parents for flying all the way out from Pennsylvania just to be there for my graduation. I am one lucky girl to have such great parents and in-laws. :)

- We went camping and hiking in Zion's National Park, and it was AMAZING!!! We felt kind of sneaky and awesome, because it was snowing in Provo that weekend, and instead of staying there and being miserable, we just ran away from the storm and hung out in southern Utah in 70 degree sunny weather. It was so much fun to just be out in nature, and to just be alone together! We realized we hadn't done anything like that in a very long time, so it was really refreshing and enjoyable. We went on a hike called Observation Point, and it was 8 miles round trip (it was one intense hike!) It was quite a bit longer and higher than Angel's Landing (which we did last year), and it was really cool, because when we got to the end, we could see Angel's Landing from above!

The view from the top - Angel's Landing is that skinny ridge

This was just a weird phenomenon - the campground was covered in these caterpillars...ew
Us being happy we made it to the very top! (6508 feet in elevation!)

Well, that's all for now, I will add more soon!

No comments: