Sunday, April 29, 2012

A year of New-ness

I can't believe it, but it's been a full year since I graduated! I've been thinking a lot about the past year , and all the new things that Richard and I have experienced.

-Graduation
-Unemployment
-Visiting foreign countries
-Living in a foreign country
-Experiencing a new culture
-Unemployment
-Getting my first real job
-Quitting my first real job
-Getting a grownup job
-Having surgery
...oh yeah...and getting pregnant!

Maybe some time I'll get up the courage to actually write about each of these things, but for now, suffice it to say that we've had a lot of change and (hopefully) a lot of growth because of all of this change.

I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone by.  I feel like we just got back from Uganda, but it has almost been a year since we left.  Its crazy to think about how we had no idea what to expect, or what it would be like before we left, and now it has become a big part of our lives, and we think about it all the time.

 I love looking back at all of these experiences, and seeing the change that has come because of them.  There is something so comforting in knowing that you went through a challenge and gained something(s) from it.




No comments: