Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pregnant!

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting our first child at the beginning of November! We could not be happier, and feel so excited to finally be starting our family! 

 I am now 13 weeks pregnant, and have been feeling pretty good! I have had really manageable morning sickness (I really can't complain), with some definite food aversions (like BBQ anything), but I haven't thrown up or even gotten close to it.  I'm feeling pretty darn lucky, especially since I'm working full-time, and know I would really struggle if I were sick all the time (as I'm sure anyone would).  I think the only challenge worth mentioning is that I am completely exhausted all the time... but even that has been getting better in the past week or two.  Basically, I'm feelin' pretty good!  

I had my first prenatal appointment last Friday (April 20), and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was such a wonderful sound, and had us both in tears.  We were overjoyed!  I think it was just a relief to know that this is all real, and that I'm not just imagining it! Up until then, I kind of just felt like I was lying when I told people I was pregnant. Now it feels a little more real! 

13 weeks pregnant! 

I'm getting really excited to start seeing my little bump grow more.. right now, I can pretty much only see a "bump" by the end of the day...but I'm pretty sure its really just because I'm just bloated, since it goes away by the morning.  Oh pregnancy.  Its fun to see and feel the changes in my body, and to realize that its all happening because of this little baby growing inside me.  Such a crazy thought, and I'm still not used to it, but I'm guessing that will change the further along I get.  

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Congratulations again! Like you I was just really tired all the time. I would take that feeling over vomiting any day.
You guys are going to be great parents!