We are getting SO excited for our baby girl to come! It is just becoming more and more real as it gets closer and my tummy gets bigger. Speaking of which... here's the latest tummy picture:
A few things I've been thinking about lately:
- I've known for awhile (pretty much since I got pregnant) that I want to do a natural birth. I've heard really good things about hypnobabies, and feel like it would be the best method for me. Richard and I are starting the class in September, and I am really looking forward to it!
- I've been really grateful for a book that Rochelle let me borrow, called "The Gift of Giving Life." It's a book with short stories and essays that are all focused on motherhood and birth. I feel like my outlook and appreciation for my role as a mother (and for the mothers around me) have grown deeper as I have read and reflected on, and been uplifted by the stories in that book. Every time I start to feel overwhelmed or scared at the thought of giving birth to our daughter, I read a few of the stories in the book, and the negative feelings go away; I have renewed confidence and motivation to be a good mom, and to have a good birth.
- Starting a business - Richard has been working so hard for the past couple months to get things in place to start our cake business. I am so proud of him and all his work to get it going. It has really been an amazing growing experience and we have seen so many tender mercies already. It is kind of stressful, thinking about starting a business and having a baby around the same time, but I feel at peace about the way things are timed. I know it is all going to work out, and it will be exciting to see how it all unfolds.

4 comments:
I have been thinking about you SO MUCH lately!!! I've been meaning to write to you, but then we went out of town so I'm really glad you posted!! I seriously can't believe you are 27 weeks already! I am so incredibly excited for you guys and I totally think we're going to have to set up Aiden and your sweet baby girl someday ;) And I totally realized I said the same thing to Brittney (Parkinson) haha. Did you know she's pregnant with her second baby girl?? Keep blogging girly! Miss you so much!!
Ca-yute! I'm glad you're doing the hypnobabies class, and I'm also glad you're enjoying the book!
So cute! I keep checking once in a while to see a good prego picture on Facebook - so glad you posted this one!
YAY hypnobabies!!! I'm so excited for you :P Good luck with all the preparations :D
Post a Comment