Sunday, September 2, 2012

30 weeks

Here's the latest tummy picture! I'm still feeling pretty good, just getting a little cramped!  Oh, and my feet are swollen and hurting all the time.  Other than that (which still isn't much to complain about) I feel great.  We've (still) been loving feeling baby move all the time, it is exciting every time.  Apparently, she is as big as a head of lettuce, is 18 inches long, and weighs 3.2 pounds (according to my "What to Expect" App).  She's growing up so fast! 

The past couple weeks have been crazy and fun!  We went to Oregon for a week, and while we were there, we did a family backpacking trip.  It was a blast!  Summer backpacking trips have been a tradition in our family, and they have always been looked forward to.  We haven't done a trip since the summer I got married (4 years ago!), and so we were excited to be able to go on this one.  I was a little nervous about going, being pregnant and all, but the hike was easy, and Richard was so kind to pack in our nice big air mattress so I could sleep comfortably.  We camped for 2 nights and it was perfect! I loved having that time with the family without any distractions or anything to do but just be together.

After we got back from our trip, the next day my sisters and mom threw me a baby shower.  It was so awesome to see so many of the people I love so much!  One thing I really loved about the baby shower was something that Rochelle decided to do - she invited people to write a blessing or wish that they had for me, and to find a special bead or charm to go with it, so that I could put them onto a bracelet that I could wear for positive energy and encouragement leading up to the birth, and as I step into motherhood.

We also did a girls' day with my mom and sisters - we went to the Pittock Mansion in Portland, and imagined what it must have been like to live in such luxury. It is a beautiful building! 

Then we came home and had a tea party with my Aunt Sandy and Cousins Birgitte and Kirsten.  We all felt sooo refined.  The tea was delicious, as were the finger sandwiches and scones and other little desserts.  We had so much fun making and eating that food!  And of course, we had to finish out the ultimate girl experience with a chick flick - Pride and Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightly).   So much fun!

Rochelle took pictures of both the baby shower and tea party set up - look at her craft blog to see them!

Oh, and we got to see some of our best friends while we were there - I went out to breakfast with my best friend from high school, Michelle (love her!), and the next day, we got to see our friends Max and Rebecca and their ADORABLE baby Charlie (future husband of our daughter).  We went to the Original Pancake house in Portland (sooo good!) and had fun catching up with them. 

We had such a blast being in Oregon with the whole family! We were definitely sad to go back to normal life, but I feel like we really lived it up while we were there! 




No comments: