Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Crown on Your Head


I had a special moment with Lacey this afternoon. 

I was reading her some stories to help her wind down for nap time, and I decided to read one of my favorite books to her - "The Crown on Your Head" by Nancy Tillman. 


It is such a good book! It has the most beautiful words - "On the day that we met and I put you to bed, I noticed a crown on the top of your head...I always knew just what your crown meant, it said that you were magnificent.  That means you are grand from your toes to your chin!"  The book is all about the value that you have simply because of who you are. 

I read it to Lacey almost every day, but for some reason, today, the words just sunk in. Today, I read to her, feeling like I was saying the words from my heart, and as I did so, I had this powerful feeling that Lacey is such a special person, and that she has infinite worth.  I just know it's true! Words just can't describe the feeling I have. This little person is so...amazing. 

No comments: