Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good News!

After almost 2 months of searching frantically, we FINALLY have an apartment lined up for us to live in for the school year in Provo. WOHOO!!!! That's a load taken off my shoulders. It was a relief because before, with just about everyone I talked to, the landlords wanted us to pay the full rent for the month of August even though we wouldn't be moving in until the 28th. But, we were fortunate enough that the landlady was willing to let us only pay for the time that we will actually live there. The funny thing is, its the exact same apartment complex that Rochelle and BJ lived in before they moved to their condo...I should have just checked with them in the first place!



Confession: I got so used to checking craigslist everyday, then making phone calls and sending emails all morning, every morning, that sometimes when I don't know what to do with myself, I get back on craigslist just to see if there are any sweet apartments that have opened. Maybe I just enjoyed the rush that comes with being the first one to call when a really good apartment showed up.
It
feels weird that I might actually have some free time to do something I enjoy doing now...

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Haha! I was the same way after we found our new apartment. I was totally addicted to craigslist;) The outside of your new place looks like Heritage Court. I think I've seen it before, what's the address?

Unknown said...

hahaha! that's funny, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
Yeah, it totally looks like Heritage court, huh? but its on 100S 200E or something like that.

rochelle said...

We thought the landlady there was very flexible and pretty good to work with. We enjoyed our time there, and I'm sure you will too.

Kate said...

It IS exactly like Heritage court, but you guys wouldn't know because you lived on the other side. This apartment looks like ours did. Hope your management is better than our last! :)