Wednesday, September 26, 2012

34 Weeks...and I'm huge

I'm just 6 weeks away from my due date! So crazy! Its always weird to look back at previous pregnancy profile pictures and to realize that my tummy really is growing! I never feel like I am getting bigger until I see pictures, or until I realize that my clothes aren't as comfortable as I remember them being...


 


Baby is soooo active! I can't help but wonder if this is normal... of course, I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but I just wonder if this is how most babies are!  She is seriously allllll over the place.  In the evenings (lately), she is the most active, and when she's really busy, you can see her - it looks like I have popcorn popping in my stomach.  Or just a crazy baby doing internal TaeBo....can I count that as my daily exercise?

In other news, we are enjoying our hypnobabies class - we've finished 3 of the 6 weeks of class, and I feel like I am really gaining some useful tools for my "birthing time." It is such a cool experience to go into hypnosis (which sounds really kooky, but its just deep relaxation and visualization).  I can totally see how it will be effective for me!  I tried using some relaxation techniques earlier this week before I gave a presentation at a Board of Health meeting (because I was starting to get butterflies), and it totally worked! Once I let myself relax, I was able to let go of my nervous feelings and give my presentation confidently.  So cool!

Work has been kind of crazy this past month! At the beginning of September, I planned a PTA"Health and Safety Summit" for all Utah County PTA members, and it was a lot of work!  It turned out really well though - everything went smoothly, and we had a good turnout, so I was pretty happy with it!  I kind of like event planning, I'm finding out...

Speaking of which, I am planning a 5k for November!  I'm really excited about it - it has been really fun to get creative and just put it all together.  I am feeling so lucky to have a job that allows me to be creative in the ways I accomplish my assigned tasks.  Its been a cool experience to realize that I can think outside the box, and to have the funds needed to carry out my ideas.  So fun! I'm just hoping that I can plan everything out really well so that everything goes smoothly (I will have just had the baby, and so I probably won't be able to do much in the way of helping get ready for the run). Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you are interested, there are still some spots open in the race if you want to register (Its free)! www.coldturkeyrun.pbworks.com.








No comments: