Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 Months of Marital Bliss!

Wednesday was our 2 month anniversary of getting married! I had been trying to think of something to do to celebrate all week, but didn't know what to do! I also wanted to completely surprise Richard. So, I called Rochelle Wednesday morning to get some ideas. We came up with the perfect plan: I would go do laundry at her house while Richard was in class - a good cover, because it actually needed to be done. But, while at her house, I would also put together a dinner that I could bring back to my apartment. Rochelle had the best idea ever: a heart-shaped pizza! It was sooo yummy! here are some pictures of the delicious food we ate! (the bowl has fruit salad with heart-shaped apples in it!)


The most difficult part about this, was that Richard's class got out an hour earlier than usual, so I got a call from him, telling me he was ready to go home, way sooner than expected. I told him that he would at least have to wait until the load of laundry got done in the washer. That bought me about 40 minutes. I was frantic! How was I going to prepare a whole dinner and dessert and get home to get it all set up in 40 minutes?? Luckily, Rochelle had totally come through for me - she had premade the pizza dough, and some brownies for dessert, so all I had to do was put the pizza together! I got home as soon as I could, to set up the dinner table, clean up the house a bit, and put the Pizza in the oven. No sooner had I got home and begun to do this, Richard called me to ask where I was. "You haven't even left yet, have you?" and, carefully choosing my words, I said, "actually, yes I have..." (trying not to let him hear the keys make noise - dangling from my neck) Then he asked me how long I would take, and (trying not to tell too much of a white lie) I answered I was on my way, and would be there in about 15 minutes. That bought me a few extra minutes to get things all situated.
When I picked Richard up, it was all I could do not to blurt out my secret. I tried hard to keep the conversation on him, asking him how his class was, and what he'd been doing, etc. When we got home, I (trying to buy more time) asked him to take the wet laundry straight to the laundry room at our apartments and put them in the dryer. He suggested I come with him, and I said no. Kind of taken aback, he asked why, and I just said I didn't want to...(kind of out of character for me). So, I rushed up to our apartment, and hurriedly lit some candles and started making final food preparations. He walked in about 5 minutes later, and was completely surprised and pleased (as was I)! I was soo intensely proud of myself that things had still gone so smoothly, despite the minor change in plan.

2 comments:

rochelle said...

Haha, I'm glad this worked out and was still a surprise!

JENNY said...

This made me laugh!! How cute! I miss being a newly married couple. You have inspired me to do something cute for my husband!