Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Weekend...

Tayler came down from BYUI to visit us (Rochelle, BJ, Richard and me) for the weekend - I have been so excited all week! Richard and I picked him up after our social dance class Friday night, and then went to have dinner at Rochelle and BJ's house. On saturday, the boys played racquetball, then we got together to watch the BYU football game (we won!), and after that, we decided to go to the dollar theater to watch a movie! We were planning on watching Kung Fu Panda, but that got sold out, so we ended up watching Hancock. I don't think any of us would recommend seeing that... We all realized that we really should have read some reviews before going to that one. But oh well.


Today, Richard and I went to church with Rochelle and BJ at 9 AM so we could hang out with them and Tayler all day. We were glad we did, even though it was hard to get up so early (we normally have church at 1:2o). It was fun to just be together today. We got to take Gabe during the 2nd and 3rd hours while Rochelle and BJ were in Primary, and that was fun. He is such a precious baby! I think today he smiled and laughed more than I have ever seen! Tayler was making him crack up while he was packing up his things - he had Gabe laid down on his air mattress and was shaking it, and Gabe was just really getting a kick out of that. Anyway,
We've had a fun time visiting, reminiscing, and sharing funny stories this weekend. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself! It's been a "hoot."


Anyway, now I am kind of sad to face the reality of the week before me - Richard and I both have a 7-8 page paper for Anthropology due on Wednesday, and I am starting to get stressed, because I haven't gotten much done on it. I also have a group essay midterm due thursday for my Consumer Health class, and yet another research paper that I have to start working on for my chronic disease prevention class. I think I have a few late-nighters ahead of me...

2 comments:

Tayler said...

Marissa! that was so much fun hanging out with you guys this weekend... i've been telling all my friends about since i got back. Well i hope you dont get too stressed, and good luck writing your paper(s)!

rochelle said...

sure was fun. good luck with everything you still have to do.